Friday, March 5, 2010

Virgin of Fashion

FASHION.
I have never been so interested in anything as much as you.
But you are more than clothes.
More than trends.
You are a mode of life.
You are music.
You are style.
You are endless.

My one true drug.

Hey there, whoever is reading this. I am C. There was this sudden explosion of my love for fashion. The desire is unbelievably overwhelming. Where I come from, Fashion in the form of art, is not much appreciated. Fashion becomes a mere trend. What everyone wears. But no, Fashion is in its own self, a self indulgent to whoever. Hanging off racks, displayed on long lanky mannequins that could never exist so beautifully as a human without appearing anorexic, are beautiful art pieces in its own right.

Fashion to me, however is not all and just that.

It is so much more.

I don't know when it suddenly occurred to me on such a fine sunny, yet emotionally gloomy day that I wanted to devote this non-suppressible crave on a public journal. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own incomprehensible explanations to self, and I, am part of everyone.

Fashion is no longer just clothes you see as you flip through glossy, ad-filled, smelly, cold pages in a teen or woman magazine.

Fashion can be the music you hear, the style, the genre.
Fashion can be the movies you see, the actors, the plots.
Fashion can be the products you feel, the aftermath, the soothe.
Fashion can be the food you taste, the high-end, or junk.
Fashion can be the perfumes you smell, the notes, the stenches.
Fashion is everything, and anything.
Fashion a prevailing style.

I think, fashion can be anything, don't you?

I have a personal blog, but that of which nearly everyone I know, knows. So I have taken a break from it(just a small percentage of the months I used to take a break) I have devoted my time to this Online declaration. I would like to push on and make a commitment as best as I can to post weekly, as much as I can. Whether you appreciate fashion or not, know that my version of fashion is not 'ALL ABOUT CLOTHES'. Although, I am indeed a true Fashion for Style Junkie. I however have a deep love for music too. Mostly Rhythm & Blues, Jazz, Indie, the occasional metal. As water runs deep, so does my love for the many genres of music in its own way.

I have just started out on a long journey to letting many know of my loves. Egomaniac much? Maybe. But as I said, where I come from, its hard to find (m)any who loves what you love, understands what you hear, do or wear. It sometimes feel like you know if you were born somewhere else (As in country) it would be different. But I love my country Singapore. I just wish fashion was a more versatile statement than it is now, that this appreciated, would be acknowledged as a form of art the government is trying to cultivate, but sadly, no. It isn't.

I have decided to find an outlet, and opening for people who have the same interests who might stumble across this lonesome blog of mine, follow it, comment, and share thoughts. Now isn't that a dream? Oh Wells. Who said I can't dream those dreams?

I am a Virgin of Fashion. I have not fully cultivated the love. Fully understood it, but I hope I would grow slowly in the online and offline community. A 15 year old school girl who decides to take a small step into an endless abyss of inspiration, information, and invitations. Whichever comes first.


Yours.
C

No comments: