Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars Smoshcars!

The Oscars are here, and like anyone who loves movies, and especially fashion, they would totally watch the Oscars. Reason being, it's sort of 'Glory Night' for actors and actresses, and whether they get the Oscars or are even nominated, they would still want to safe their face by looking good, in a way, feeling good.

Who wouldn't run the extra mile to look good on a night to remember? I would. I personally feel the Oscar, is an elite runway, and the actors and actresses, unprofessional models. Ironic much? Yet, the Oscar never fails to surprise, dismay, EHMA!!! and GOODNESS!! anyone who watches. The peak of the Oscars? The Red Carpet.

Remember, all photographs and pictures of celebrities are solely from the Oscar's Website for the different academy awards, and not the latest, I will however, discuss the latest soon I do not own, or take any of the following pictures unless otherwise stated. This is merely a discussion of the pieces, and a promotion of the Oscars.
Amy Adams at the 81st in a stunning Carolina Herrera Dress,
accessorized with a multi collared colored necklace by Fred Leighton

I am undeniably amazed by Amy's choice of clothes, it is simply gorgeous on her porcelain white skin. I love the structure of the dress, the lines and the subtle bustier, she could have paired it with a translucent shawl, but it still looks lovely. She wears the dress beautifully, and I liked that she accessorized it with the colored necklace. However, I thought it would have been nicer if she had paired it with a pair of Bvulgari Cocktail earrings with a green or purple colour, or a nice ruby necklace to emphasize the red in her outfit.

Beyonce at the 77th in a  Atelier Versace black silk velvet strapless "Siren" gown.
Paired with silver mesh earrings.

Beyonce is one of my favourite singers, and like her signature voice, she certainly make gowns her signature look for red carpet events. I love love love this dress. She could do know wrong with this dress. It is the perfect Little Long Black Dress! It has such a sheen to it, and makes her look much more pristine in contrast to the dress. I would however suggest she let loose her hair a little since her upper body look so 'neat' (Her clear collar bone and shoulder).

Maybe these few hairstyles (Solely obtained from Google search, links to sites included)...

I personally prefer the second from the left. The tight pony tail emphasizes her sharp features, yet her loose curls shows a little playful elegance. It's cheeky, but not too much. Sometimes, actresses over do their looks. Their either too formal, or too revealing. I personally like covered most, cause I believe that a true fashion junkie, can find a million ways to dress up or down, and never revealing too much of her body. That is the real skill.

Heads up people, those are my two all time favorite dresses, but here comes the sweetest, latest 82nd Academy Awards ones.

This has got to be the most gorgeous gown I've ever seen on anyone. She appears to look so nymph-like with porcelain white skin, and blonde hair. The emphasis becomes on the gown, not her, and she carries the dress so well, I am in love with it. The structured bust to waist accentuates curves very nicely, yet the ruffles and frills from hip down gives off a very flexible vibe, a contrasting gown is always hard to pull off, but this is the most perfect, simple yet beautiful 'fairytale runway' to real life I have ever seen. I know water nymphs have long flowy hair, but this is simply perfect, a pulled back bun. It could be flowy, but then she'll look like she's not trying at all. I am simply awestruck. Really. As much as people might think she looks pale, she has a healthy glow, and its a good thing she's not dead skinny. She is simply like a real life water nymph who stepped onto the red carpet. Beautiful.


I know many would criticize her bad posture, but I assume it's a way she tries to 'protrude'  her collar bones, given the illusion of a skinnier her, but arms don't lie, also, the tan lines should have been re-tanned? I really think the dress would look much more beautiful on her than it did itself if she carried her self more properly. The beautiful cream white color is a very beautifully embellished color. It may make her seem classier, but given her age, and the audience she entertains, I would appreciate a rather more girly demure dress. A PG version of this dress would be with slightly higher than where it rests on her bust, instead of showing too much cleavage. I can imagine a flowy satin sleeve, or a short satin sleeve.  I like how she used the hand accessory, it really matched, and gives an 'oomph' without being too much. I know some people think she's a little too young to be a little too classy, but classy cans start from any age, anytime, and if she wore a timeless princess dress (not too fairytale-like of course) she would definitely stand out, but I guess she's deviating from the normal Disney chic stuff.

Paired with hoop earrings.

I personally love the look as a whole, the stunning dress on a beautiful woman, unlike the above few who portrayed a classy and more strongly sophisticated gown, this has got to be the sweetest look. Cameron Diaz, a blonde bombshell in an exquisite bronze-goldish dress. Her side swept hair is so care free, and looks as if she threw on the dress and just drove out of the house in a convertible. This Charlie's Angel reminds me of a modern Monroe with the class of a Hepburn. Simply one in a million.

As you can quite see, I love bright solid colors. Although sequined gowns are stunning, literally, I still love the simplicity of a dress, and the drawing of the deep color. I feel, that colors play much a part. Like I said, is the world were a painting, fashion would be the colors.

I would love to go on and on and on and on about fashion, but I do have a competition tomorrow, and I do have a few episodes of  the latest season of Bones. Yes, I do have another life besides fashion. I do like to watch other non-fashion related episodes. I tell those who know me I have an alter ego, and being the blogger of this blog is it, but for now, I have to switch to Dr Jekyll now, and also research on the Mary Celeste, some ship story I find interesting.

The Oscar has been an interesting deviation from Fashion Week, but it is in it's own way, Fashion Day. I love the colors, the cut and the accessories. How bout you? Do you like it as much as I do, or is fashion a chore for you?

For those who haven't gotten enough of fashion simply watch the video below, or click here or here or here or E!



Yours.
C

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Warning!: Below is a short personal note, read only if willing)

Dear Nobody,

I finally figured things out. One thing's for sure. Tangles aren't only in a boy girl relationship, its in friendships too. How funny is that? I still want to study overseas or be homeschooled. Now ain't that cool?

Sighing,
C

No comments: