Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alize inz Wonzerland ft Blues

Though this is really old news for a couple, I figured it'd be something I would love to write about. Every writing has its meaning, and this means Alice!

Alice in Wonderland is the newest talk right after the show Avatar because of the massive graphics that are made to appear real, the infusion of reality and graphics, makes everything all the more beautiful and more interesting to look at, be it comments on the bad graphics or gushes of 'EHMAGAHH! IT'S AWESOME!', we all look forward to the science in movies in some ways.

Alice in wonderland ( Spoiler Alert!: Full Synopsis ) is like how everyone knows the story, about Alice, in Wonderland, A little girl who falls into a hole, and arrives in a world of illustrious imaginations beyond one's mind, and the story unravels into a deep abyss of more mysterious and less childish plot of a story. That is what made Alice in wonderland, so appealing as a story. I however, am rather disappointed with the show. The story fills up to the brim of the climax, the hanging moment where everyone is waiting for a twist. Then, it falls flat. Flatter than a dog trying to sing rhythm and blues. Yes, THAT flat.

Everything was so predictable, it had no UMPH. No OH DEAR! and No EHMA!!! It was just, HAHAHAHA look at that cat, Hatter, Big Head Lady. It was classic hilarious with not zest. It was really disappointing. I don't think the 3D would make a difference.

However, this has inspired me to look deeper into fashion and art of the classics. After all, graphics can only go as far as its reality, and colors.
A Vogue Shoot


Adapted from TeenVogue.com

I LOVE THE COLORS.


Don't you? It is simply gorgeous. The striking colors and crazy patterns. The strength and flow, and how vibrant it is. I for one, am a fan for mad SOLID colors. It just says so much without the massive glitter or jewels. It is just AMAZING. Even with accessories, the color didn't JUST STAND out, it POPPED out. I just really really really LOVED the colors in the show, shoot, whatever it is with this Alice thing, it was the COLORS for me.

It is just beautiful how colors can swirl together to make a piece of art, like wise for clothes, how different colors come together, to emphasize ONE color. It is art, skill and a lot of imagination. Something only the weird and mad people are capable off. Hah! Quoting Alice's Dad "I think you've gone absolutely mad and bonkers, but all brilliant people are" So yes, brilliance is the madness.

Just for some streetstyle that I feel mimics the art of Alice, being Almost but not Absolutely Alice.


All these dresses are from Miss Selfridge. They are pieces that inspire and remind me of Alice In Wonderland. Notice the difference? The top four are Bright colors, solid with little contrast, but the bottom is a mass of dark colored/shades of dresses that too remind me of Alice. They are pieces that can be worn nearly anytime, you can never go wrong with a properly thought out dark colored dress, so these are easier to match, and more practical for a down to earth wardrobe you want to spice up. I love colors, but its how the colors compliment each other that really strikes the whole outfit. My favourite would have to be the first 3 on the bottom row, especially the checkered one, since pleats are really "IN" right now, it is a greater alternative than boyfriend and Daddy's shirts. Yes, my sister steals my father's shirt sometimes, just food for thought!

Okay, I've been at this post for a pretty long time simply because I was OBSESSED with my guitar. I got it for Christmas 2 years back, when on and off playing it, but never REALLY learned, so I'm taking lessons from my musically talented daddy dearest, and maybe try to play a song or 2. Please DO NOT tease your friends who've JUST started out guitar, its HARDER than it looks. You can't play a song first, then learn. Its purely tedious step by step unlike the piano. Anywho, if you have any cool BLUES songs that you think is worth learning and playing, please let me know! I love BLUES, maybe I'd do a whole fashion take on the 1930s Memphis Blues. Its simply inspirational!

So here's a little blues for you if you want to hear... BB King, awesome Blues dude!



and the woman of blues I discovered, and vow to learn to play this song... Memphis Minnie! (My sister said this was annoying, but I don't care!)



Song I was inspired by, is none other than KT Tunstall!



Oh yea! See the Youtube It! at the side?? You can totally search and play whichever song you like from whichever PERSON you like and listen while reading. Rather than the simple I choose an annoying song you may not like, and play it forever while you read this, and you would be totally annoyed and never come back again just to avoid the music.

No comments: