Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jasmine Villegas

Celebrity Piece

This is indeed a funny thing, I promised myself I wouldn't touch the computer till after my exams, but I simply SIMPLY have to. This stress is too much for one tiny speck of me to hold and carry for another week... So, I decided too!

I never really did any piece on any person in particular, but a part of me actually feels like I NEED to do this. Its been a twirling bout of thought in this nut I call a brain long before I actually thought of starting this blog on a fine march. The title says the name, but do you know the person?

Jasmine Villegas born on December 7th 1993, is an American Youtuber of Filipino and Mexican descent. I would guess most of those who know her, know her through Bieber Boy and his Baby Video. The girl he was chasing? That one? In the baby video?? Not the other ones, just the Baby one... In case you have not sensed the much added sarcasm with a good dose of good ol' humor, it was present. Yes, indeed, Bieber and his Babes... How catchy. I don't mean to sound rude or against him, I do love his music and it's forever upbeat lyrics about how a boy feels about a girl, and the ENDLESS times I see GIRLS singing them...

Re-Enactment: Walking down the street a beautiful girl sings.. There's gonna be one less lonely girl... me + You, I will tell you one time, Shorty's like an eenie meenie miney mo luhvuh... one time, one time..

Singing songs about how a guy feels about a girl...

I have to admit, Bieber Boy is rather the charmer, and his songs have catchy beats with good tunes that keep listeners on the go. A sweet easy listening, fun and upbeat playlist. Even my Indie friend likes him.

ENOUGH ABOUT BIEBERBOY! THIS IS ABOUT JAY V!

Yes, unfortunate for you Bieberettes and dudes, its time for who I'm really taking about.


From outlets advertisments ranging from Target to Macy's, Mary-Kate and Ashley and Hillary Duff, to Macdonald's and more, Jasmine has been featured in them. She has starred in family-friendly fun (say that 20 times on a spinning chair) sitcoms like 'My Wife and Kids', and 'That's So Raven', two of my favourite hilarious series (especially the latter). Since young, JV has been performing and modeling, then, doesn't that just spell out her career?


It didn't start there, and I'm proud to say it didn't, or the Jasmine I would see, wouldn't be the inspiration she is to me now.


In 2007, the peak period where majority of the first generation Youtubers move from just viewers to directors, Jasmine Villegas posted her videos, sprouting from a fun-loving and bubbly girl, to an older, more mature and experienced teen she is today. The months went pass, and the videos increased, her soulful covers garnered the support of many other Youtubers, and the start of her growing fan base, or more like friend base..

My sudden love for music in 2007, and singing(credits to Bianca Ryan) got me to use Youtube more than I knew how to, and by late 2007, I was viewing the growing and nurturing of current great Youtube artistes like Savannah Outen, Jessica Sanchez, Thia Megia, Charice, Tiffany Alvord, Mia Rose and the only guy (NOT BIEBER BOY) Nick Pitera and his lovely rendition of A Whole New World. They all grew a fan base in Youtube, where I happy to say, they never stopped singing to. However, growing fan bases and lack of management and yearning of ambition equates to a painfully difficult life for these artistes in hopes to achieve their dreams. Thus, responding to fans become difficult when unlike celebrities, they have no assistants at their beck and call.

Over the years since I stumbled upon Jasmine Villegas, she never stopped showing appreciation to her fans, and even responded to them. Constant love, care, and attention to people brings about more friends than fans, and thus the Jasminators were formed. Definition: Jasmine Villegas supporters who won't stand for haters, and back JV up anytime. Isn't it such a great Supporter-Supportee relationship? When you TAKE the time out for others? I think so anywho.

Learning she was only 11(actually younger) when she started out to fulfill her ambition, she has since been a role model to me. How you can have fun in doing what you love, and loving the people who love you all the same.

However, I do get a little annoyed when people go, did you see the Bieber girl? Who is she? and she's labelled as the Bieber girl. I mean, wouldn't you like to be known for what you do and love than who's music video you were in? If you don't already know who I'm talking about go watch the behind the scenes of Baby!



She is undeniably talented and confident. She has a big heart, and has been helping non-profitable charities for kids her age, has been performing in various schools and also sung the national anthem for her home country in the Phillipines, and also the states. She has proved to be versatile and flexible, confident and ever-giving, with her supporters as income (emotionally)



Since last year, JV has came up with 2 hits, revolving around boys and relationships. This time, its a GIRL singing bout a boy, so if we GIRLS sing it, its gotta sound better than Bieberboy's BOY stuff right??

So ROLL OVER BIEBER! The rise of JASMINEV has JUST BEGUN! Mwahahaha!





To me, Jasmine Villegas is a true representation of despite how YOUNG you are, you are never too old to dream, and never too YOUNG to do what you love, and never too YOUNG to map out your FUTURE. That with hard work and endless perseverance, along with a heavy dose of love for what you do, you can do anything. Anything's Possible!

Therefore, Dream Big, Dream Now.

Be it Fashion, Music or Writing. (Directed to ME. teehee)
or dancing, acting and sports, or modelling or counselling, or whatever WHATEVER WHATEVER your passion is, grasp onto that fragment, and piece it to your puzzle so you'd have a clear picture of your life.

Please do support Jasmine Villegas, and her upcoming album. Here are two of her recent hits I do love!

I Own This (2009)


Serious (2010)


THIS IS DEDICATED TO JASMINE VILLEGAS AND ALL HER SUPPORTERS OUT THERE!

TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT JASMINE VILLEGAS, VISIT HER YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE! IT IS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN A FULL PAGE BIOGRAPHY WRITTEN BY SOMEONE ELSE. HOPEFULLY I CAN DO AN INTERVIEW, BUT TILL THEN...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT THANKS TO ROSEBARBIE FOR FOLLOWING ME AND COMMENTING ON MY POST. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK MY OTHER FOLLOWERS WHO DO SO TOO. PLEASE DO CHECK THEIR BLOGS!

IT IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CARE TO READ AND COMMENT, THAT I FEEL BETTER AND STRONGER AS A PERSON. WHATEVER TRIALS THAT I GO THROUGH A SOOTHED BY THE THOUGHT THAT SOMEWHERE, OUT THERE, SOMEONE APPRECIATES WHAT I LOVE TO DO.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

No comments: