Saturday, May 8, 2010

Closer to Home

Its a rainy Saturday, and I'm secretly blogging in the comfort of a room and air condition. My dog is scared of thunder, he's shivering... As you all realized, or those who have read, I'm from Singapore, and I've been geared towards the other side of the world when I'm writing. My interests reigns in places far far away, so I tend to see what's on the other side...

I have no idea why I'm writing this post, and what exactly this post is going to be about and titled, but I'll go on. I guess I've decided to write more local stuff since I'm from the great Singapore! Basically, Singapore is a REALLY small Island with MANY people. Since 2009, we've had 4,987,600 people living on a 710.2km
of land, which really isn't that big. So for those who don't know, Singapore is a country. Not a part of China! According to a friend source, when her sister met the Jonas Brothers, they thought Singapore was a part of China. I was really disappointed to hear that.

The arts scene in Singapore became slightly more well known, and its still growing over the years. However, I guess Asians are never seen to reach great heights internationally unless by some remarkable bar-breaking standards (Olympic records etc.), maybe even acting, but Asian's aren't really starred in big screen stuff much unless they are: Tremendously gorgeous/ handsome which usually results in Asians of mix descents, Lived in countries of opportunities. However, I still wait for the day when the Universe can be really diverse and accepting. Till then, I'll still be living as a normal girl who sits upon the footstools of all the world has, and watch. 

So just to get the ball rolling, these are a couple things that Singapore is well known for, and some of Singapore's local/International favourites those who don't know will, well... Know!

To the Fashion scene, the first person I think off that I feel has made a name for Singapore in the area, is Ashley Isham, who is a born-and-raised in Singapore designer. His designs have been seen on celebrities ranging from Kylie Minogue and Erin O'Connor, to the up-to-date Lady Gaga and Pixie Lott.



I feel he has done his country, but most importantly, HIMSELF proud. It is inspiring to know so much can come out from someone with such great passion in a country I belong to.

In the music scene, we have Corrinne May! A internationally known singer-songwriter who is now based in Los Angeles. She is most well-known for her album Beautiful Seed.





In the blogging scene, I would like to nominate Wendy Cheng, also known as XiaXue. A well known blogger for her controversial posts and strong opinions, along with her fierce character that is both endearing and dominating. A true blogger who isn't afraid to say what she wants and let it out for the rest of the world to ponder.

Throughout the time it has regain its independence, up till today, Singapore has been evolving, and I would like to take my hat off to the film arts scene for coming up with the most wonderful, straight to point, life-like productions. Especially with the latest 23rd Singapore International Film Festival, featuring local and regional film productions.

Its not national day till 9th August 2010, but I still think I should give more credit to my country. I love Singapore, and I fully support it as the Youth Olympics 2010 is going to take place here soon from 14-16 August 2010.

With Our 2 Mascots....



I never fully understood the need for mascots, much more the names.... 

To round it all off, I am going to be updating about latest deals and spills on fashion and beauty galore, local and international, right down to the gritty information if I can. So up next, I would like to post the latest Great Singapore Sales information for all you out there, as it is in the summer, and a holiday is no doubt in question, get down to Singapore and see what appeals and maybe, learn a little more about the Youth Olympics 2010!

All images are for promotional purposes and a from the Great Singapore Sale website

Places to head to for good buys!!!

Along with Other Events....









Once again, I would like to CLEARLY STATE that these images were merely plucked off from their rightful sources for promotional purposes and non for self whatsoever. I encourage you to visit the sights or click on links to further understand and know what Singapore is.

Lastly, I would like to wish all mothers a dear mother's day. I love my own mother very much, and I honestly think, mothers are the greatest gift. Though yes, annoying and nagging at times, to some point at which you want to buy earplugs, but mothers are truly, the best. Here's to all mothers, a very Blessed and glorious mothers day!



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!


All images and video are not mine, I do not own them, and they are used for promotional purposes only, unless otherwise stated.

No comments: